1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What drives you?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Team Gopher, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

"Someday, someone is going to write the truth about being an entrepreneur. It isn't something you learn, and it certainly isn't primarily about making money. Entrepreneurs are obsessed with freedom. We're obsessed by a vision, an idea, and we're pathologically optimistic"
    Anita Roddick
    The Body Shop

What drives you????
  2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Just what you said and white sand and blue water.
  3. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont like someone (boss, or owner) telling me how much I can make. If I do my own thing the harder I work the more I get paid. If I work hard for someone else I might get paid more maybe $300-$400 a year. Plus I hate having a boss.
  4. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

To keep it simple, the thought of me making more money the harder and smarter I work. I would much rather be making myself more profit, than someone else more profit for my hard work. It is about the only place where you can directly get back from what you put in, as far as a business aspect. To stand back and look at what you yourself have accomplished is one of the best feelings in the world. :D

What drives me to keep working period is simple, my two helpers and my wife :blob1:

Look at those guys working already, and they're just 1!

road to judson 2.jpg
  5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

One Word,FREEDOM!
  6. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

7. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Damn good question

I have always been enthusiastic. Then again I am obsessive, other than that?
  8. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Twins. I have twin 10 year old daughters. They are my inspiration.
  9. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Freedom. Oh, and food. I like food.

It's lonely at the top, but you eat better.:)
  10. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

My 1 yr old Jessica Lynn