1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What drives you?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Team Gopher, Sep 5, 2003.

1. I busted my butt working for other people for years. Sometimes working 12+ hour days.

After allowing the economic winds to blow me around for to long, I decided to change my life and bust my butt for myself and not for the benefit of someone else.

Now I regret how long I waited to start this. All those years spent in college not learning, but getting "A's". All that time wasted.

I am the best boss I ever had. And I work as I please.

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

"The secret of success is constancy of purpose."

Benjamin Disraeli

3. Jmc Lawn care

Jmc Lawn care LawnSite Member
    from Dfw

being set

4. Jmc Lawn care

Jmc Lawn care LawnSite Member
    from Dfw

happiness

5. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

enjoying what i do, powdery white sand and emerald green water, screaming drags and big fish!!

6. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

what drives me?...the love for my family and their happiness through our success.

7. Nova

Nova LawnSite Member

Freedom has to be the biggest part.

When I'm having a bad day or I just don't feel like working, I like to know that I can go home any time I want and play with my little girl.

:)

x1.jpg

8. Ozi_Brisbane

Ozi_Brisbane LawnSite Member

Freedom! :cool:

I love the idea of being able to organise my day according to my needs (usually! sometimes I need to fit in a customer who needs something done at a particular time).

I don't have to ask 'boss' for permission to leave work early or arrive late due to domestic committments. I cannot stand the thought of being an adult and yet still having to ask for permission to attend to personal needs. Now I can just slot it in between customers, or at beginning or end of the day.

This is THE WAY to go. I don't understand why from a young age we are socialized into thinking that we need to train ourselves to become a slavish labourer (no matter how many degrees you have), rather than giving equal time to the very real option of establishing ones own income producing business.

I adore the freedom. Nothing like it! I am happier now than I've ever been.

Oz.

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I think control and using your own visuals is what drives me.

The other thing is to control the market in this area totally

10. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

The challenge to see how far can I get, set new goals every year I don't mind working or making money for somebody else, I just like to be able to take decisions and learn something new everyday.