What else can go wrong!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Green Quality, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Green Quality

Green Quality LawnSite Member

well in the last month,anything and everthing went wrong!i just have to vent a little, a death in the family,my wife had a seizure,now the state wants to take her driving license away!for a year.just starting OUT this year! trying to get new clients for the year.they all want somthing for nothing,it starting to make me mad!if they only knew what it cost!you give a inch they take a foot.i,m tried of being nice.business is business.I have to be FIRM!AND FAIR FOR ME!I,M GETTING TUFF,THAT THE WAY I,LL BE, IN BUSINESS.FOR NOW ON!

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Don't let the customers get to you, especially this early in the season. Yes, be firm, and polite as possible.

3. Green Quality

Green Quality LawnSite Member

i,m still going to be nice,but firm, when it comes to business,before i would just get walked all over.and like i said (you give a inch,they want a foot.)

4. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

don't give any buddy a brake you can make what you wont some were els

5. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

If you start giving them breaks now they will EXPECT them in the future. Be firm, tell them your price & don't let them talk you down. Work for what your worth.