what else can I offer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kingbman1, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Kingbman1

Kingbman1 LawnSite Member

I was hoping you guys can give me some ideas of what other services i could offer besides mowing?? I don't have much experiance in landscaping, besides a small keystone wall i built in my yard, im looking for something that doesnt take to much equipment and to much experiance.
  2. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

throw sod, do clean up work, ask you clients what they would be interested in.

get some snowing equipment or just a snow blade for your ztr
  3. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Mulch installation is a great add on you can offer, if you have a truck or trailer, a shovel, and a wheelbarrow! some good moeny to be made too.
    also, aerating, and dethatching are very profitable in the spring and fall and you can line up enough work for a day, and rent the equipment to get the jobs done.

You should look into these items here on Lawnsite, and make sure you charge accordingly, so as not to hurt the pricing in your area, and also, not to rip yourself off!

hope this helps some.

oh, and trimming bushes? you CAN start with simple shears, but a little investment in some gas trimmers (or even electric and power cord) is another good option.

Bottom line, you have to invest time and money if you expect to make money. the key is to invest enough time, to know where you can get the most profit from!

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Try power washing
  5. littlenic

littlenic LawnSite Member

I'm working on a news letter offering limited service that I pickup sticks and limbs and blow off the hard services for a less $ than mowing but keeps me showing up weekly . Just a though.

good luck, littlenic
  6. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Dog walking, Baby sittin that loud mouth kid down the street. payup
    No, seriously, car detailing is really getting popular, gutter cleaning, Christmas decorations
  7. FoxDen

FoxDen LawnSite Member

If you have a location for your business you should try selling mulch. I carry hardwood and red mulch and sell it by the yard. I have gone through 6 semi loads this year.

Also; there is thatching, aerating, fall clean up, shrub trimming, weeding, and if you want to get your license- spraying and fertilizing lawns. There is pretty good money in that. The biggest competitor is Chemlawn and they are easy to undercut in price. Good luck!!

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

For next season I plan on adding lawn treatments and possibly regular bed maintenance for existing customers. Trying to increase the revenue from current customer base. Plus you can provide these services at the same time you mow, thus eliminating extra drive time. Based on customer feedback, these are services people are interested in.

A lot of customers just want to keep everything looking neat and tidy, so I figure regular weed-pulling, hedge trimming and such will keep them happy, and won't require too much additional time on my part.
  9. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Wouldn't be cheap to get into but hydroseeding would be good or mulch installs like someone else said.