What else do I need?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by gdub, Apr 3, 2006.

1. gdub

gdub LawnSite Member

I just upgraded in some of my equipment and this is what I now have. Any additions that you might add? I am also looking for another Stihl trimmer and blower. Thanks

06 Toro 40" Turbo Force fixed deck
    06 Toro 21" SR4 Super Recycler
    04 Stihl FS 55 Trimmer
    199? Weed Eater Blower
    5x8 trailer

2. Evergreenpros

Evergreenpros LawnSite Bronze Member

Buy a good blower since this will save you time. You can work with the crappiest trimmer or mower and get just as much done but trying to blow off 4k sq/ft of driveway/walks with a little blower and you'll be there a long time. I started with a handheld blower then went with the Echo 751 and it was like night and day. Upgrading my trimmer and mower added nothing but reliablity(except when I bought a larger mower), upgrading my blower saved me a boatload of time.

And buy the biggest blower you can get, imho. I carry an echo handheld on a rack for the little stuff but I mainly use the big one.

3. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Might add a bush trimmer, customers sometimes want those done. Good start!

5. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

i would add a good blower and mybe hedge trimmers(gas power)...oh and i duno if u have wood on ur trailer and sides but i would also do that....just 2ft high...it helps me when i do some things with my 6x10

6. wski4fun

wski4fun LawnSite Senior Member

Some of it depends on what services you do and what you charge. Remember the better and more efficeint the equipment the more you should charge per hr. This takes into account that with bigger better equipment the less time it will take to do the same job. You have to pay for it somehow.

7. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

stick edger

8. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

One hell of a marketing plan to keep that equipment busy.

9. gdub

gdub LawnSite Member

ALarsh...........I have around 22 accounts and go to college with 17 hours this semester. I think I will busy enough.

10. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Sounds good. I would upgrade the blower to a Redmax 7001/8000.