What else do I need?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by pcgovols, Feb 11, 2008.

1. pcgovols

pcgovols LawnSite Member

I am just starting out this year and I am getting ready to purchase some equipment this week. I have decided to go with the Quick 36. My question is do I need the addtional attachments to start out with? Such as the grass catcher, mulching kit, and gator blades.
    I appreciate everyones help on Lawnsite. You all have helped eliminate a lot of rookie mistakes.

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

You are going to need a catcher.

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Depends......

who are your target Customers ?

in my area there are about 15 LCO,,, and NO ONE BAGGS.....

4. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Extra blades are wise....I ordered and extra set of high lift blades, a set of Gators and a mulch kit tonight for my Q36.

5. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

Buy the bag later in the season (for leaves). Double cut the grass. You won't need to bag. Oh and get Insured General Liablity should cost about $25a month. Throw a rock out of that baby and hit something or SOMEONE your done.

6. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

well the bagger would help in the spring clean-up too, to pick up what was left over from fall etc...

7. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

Yer probably right get the bagger. I get all worked up on the Insurce deal and forget the train of thought :)

8. pcgovols

pcgovols LawnSite Member

Thanks. I guess I will order the bagger and blades to start with. Appreciate the help.

9. bowhunter74

bowhunter74 LawnSite Member
    from mo

If you buy online someplaces offer free shipping if you spend so much, so stock up on oil filters air filters blades, and you might try a few different trimmer lines so you can see what you like.

10. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

BOP's Free Freight that ends this week includes all ordered accessories...