What Engine Will Replace the Duraforce on Lawnboys?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, Sep 18, 2004.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone know what engine will replace the duraforce 2 stroke on the lawnboy? Will Lawnboy even produce a commercial 21" unit next year?
  2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Does it matter? When the 2 strokes are gone, The reason I would ever want a LB will go with them. :cry: Thanks a lot, :gunsfirin :gunsfirin :gunsfirin EPA
  3. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

Kawasaki and briggs I believe.
  4. yard sloth

yard sloth LawnSite Member

Amen brother!!! why can they still sell 2-cycle dirt bikes? I am severely missing the suzuki powered toro's.
  5. PrecisionLawnsInc

PrecisionLawnsInc LawnSite Member

Yard Sloth...

You are right about the 2 stroke dirt bikes to an extent. The Manufactures are spending most of thier R&D money on 4 strokes because of the EPA. Its a shame cause I wont buy a 4 stroke till I have to. I'll proudly dust 450cc 4 strokes all day with my lighter and faster 200cc 2 stroke.

The EPA is going to be a death of the internal combustion engine. I HATE the epa.

6. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Kawasaki and briggs I believe.
    Would it be the 6.75 hp Briggs and the 6.5 Kawaski found on the toro proline?

I guess this is going to increase the weight of the lawn boy. Is the staggered wheel design going to remain?
  7. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

There is no staggard wheel on the new carb compliant Lawnboys. I have 2 Lawnboy's with the duraforce and I don't like the staggard wheel at all.
  8. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Hmmmmmm, maybe I should sell them back to you guys in the states, as there are not phasing out the 2 strokes in Canada. :blob3: