What Equipment Do You Take With You Daily?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by memac259, Apr 4, 2008.

1. memac259

memac259 LawnSite Member

I'm wondering what "extra" equipment everyone takes with them on mowing days. I know mowers, trimmers, blowers.........but what about other things? Tool boxes, trimmer lines, rakes, shovels, etc. It seems like every year my truck gets more full and I'm trying to narrow it down to what I actually need. Suggestions??

2. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I have two extra trimmer heads spooled,6 pack of 2 cycle mix,small tool kit,gallon cooler of water,sunblock,couple of towels,extra saftey glasses,couple spark plugs,small first aid kit,epinephrine pen, 2 gal mixed gas,about 5 gallon regular gas,couple of extra pens,few business cards, belts, and blades. I know I forgot something but that it in a nut shell.

3. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I bolted a giant toolbox to the tongue of my trailer, so here's what's in it:

* Full set of misc. sprinkler parts
    * Foldable saw and pruning shears
    * Flat tire repair stuff
    * Full socket and wrench set
    * Spare blades for all gear
    * Grease gun
    * Spare spindle for mower
    * Oil
    * Brake Cleaner
    * Leaf rake (not in box, obviously)
    * Shovel (not in box, obviously)
    * Broom (not in box, obviously)

4. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Everything I can. If I don't somebody will ask me to do something extra that I could do while I was there, or end up making a special trip back there. Then by the time I get around to it I'd have a list 2 days long of little stuff to do, that already could have been done. The old "why put off till tomorrow what you can do today" school of thought.

5. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

On my truck I have a weatherguard toolbox and in there I have, ear plugs, worktunes, safety vest, hedge clippers, chain saw, rope, chain, locks, tarp bags, disposable bags, toolbox with tools, oil, 2 cycle oil, and thats all I can think of now.

6. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I usually have a 6 gal gas can, 1 gal mix, trimmer line, tarps, work tunes, many safety glasses, extra tie down straps, air compressor and small air tools, disposable bags, WD40, duct tape, soil testing kit, and work gloves. All this is stored in the service body and then I have some other stuff that I add.

7. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Behind my truck seat, I keep a full socket set,hammer,pliers,diaganol pliers, emergency safety kit, gloves, wd-40, flashlight, screwdrivers, crescent wrench. In my trailer tongue tool box I keep trimmer string, string clippers, tarp, 2" straps, quick pull straps, normal rachet straps. On trailer 3 gas cans. Thats I can think of for now

8. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

umm what you dont have will be what you need anyway. If i dont have it in there i am probably in the process of getting it in there. Less is not more in the Biz your better off to have it then not too.

9. DFLS

DFLS LawnSite Senior Member

Epi for yourself if you have a heart attack? How does that work if you are 100 feet from the toolbox? Or are there other uses for it?

I keep all the usual stuff plus A change of clothes behind the seat in the truck and an extra pair of sneakers.

10. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I bring a tool box with wrenches, tools for adjustments, and edger blades. Also 3 lb spool of gatorline square magnum, gas cans, all the usual. Need a jack to get that heavy stander up to adjust the fixed deck. It's a two man job without a jack!!!!!!!!