What equipment for Mass Retailers???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bchapp, Feb 13, 2005.

1. bchapp

bchapp LawnSite Member

I am start my own bussiness this year. I have a couple of big retail stores lined up. I need some good advise on what equipment to start-up with.
    Walk-behind or ztr ??
    Will all of the curbs be too much trouble for a ztr??

2. plateau lawn care

plateau lawn care LawnSite Member
    from georgia

if you never have used commercial mowers you better start test driving now if you got to hop curvs you need a ramp or learn how to do that to if it dont have big hills go ztrn rider if so go walkbehind hydro. If these places are paying good money get one of each ... Definitly get hydros

3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

What he said ^

4. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

The size and type of equipment depends on what size area you are cutting. If it is flat and large enough to turn use a ztr if it is small and has a combination of some flat area and some hilly use a walkbehind. We cut a tire store with our Scag 48in Tiger Cub ZTR with no problems. It is real flat and there is a curb around the property. With our ZTR we simply back over the cub at an angle and dont have any problems clearing the curb. I think if we were using our walkbehind, we might be able to back over the curb, but the deck would probably scape. So if you are using a walkbehind you will probably need some type of ramp to get over the curb.