What equipment has been stolen from you?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by crazygator, Aug 12, 2001.

1. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Just heard about a stolen skid steer and wondered if anyone else has some stolen equipment stories.

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Well back in 93 I had several trimmers and blower stolen. It was financed, the insurance from the loan took care of most of it. Went and financed some more, got stolen the next day. I just paid for it, the insurance company would have never believed that one.

My trailer was stolen out of a secured lot 2 years ago. I've had plenty of stuff stolen, but those stand out.

3. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Weedeater 5 years ago

Gas can 4 years ago.
    Come-Along 4 years ago.

Another gas can last year.

Knock on wood, I haven't been "hit" worse than this.

Ken

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I had my 24' enclosed trailer broke into and they took 2 T27's about 6 years old, a new Shindaiwa Chain saw, a 2 cycle cultivator, and a 2 cycle hedge trimmer, but left a lot of other good stuff. I guess something scared them off.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I lost an Echo PB600 backpack blower last year.:angry:

6. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

To-date Nothing.:D

7. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I havent had anything stolen either. Just can't get anyone to take my crapsman......LOL!

8. Got Grass?

Got Grass? LawnSite Senior Member

Nothing stolen here except when working for someone else I had my lunch bag with my cell phone init stolen from a Home Depot lot. Nothing from the trailer or truck. Including my workers cell that was next to my bag. Figured it was a bum who was hungry.

Alto I'm sure a LCO figures someone stole a 2.5 gal gas can from thier trailer. Was unloading one day and saw a brand new 2.5 can fly outta a unmarked trailer into my drive. So of cource I ran out and picked it up. Couldnt tell if it was mixed so I dumped it and replaced mine.

9. CMerLand

CMerLand LawnSite Senior Member

Had my car stolen from an Atlantic City hotel valet parking last weekend. Ruined my vacation and then they "could not lose revenue just because they LOST my car" and asked me to pay for my room from the night before.

Will tell you more details and the name of the hotel if they dont soon pony up some OPPS we screwed up money.

10. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

they got my stihl 028 ,a blower ,a generator.cant remember but a few other things. mostly my goodwill toward other folks for a day or so. but i got that back. also got a replacement for my 028.
    that helped me get my good will back.:) later TM