What equipment purchase did not meet your expectations and why?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Chop Stuff Up, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

Name a piece of equipment that you have purchased in the past and it did not meet your expectations. For example, lack of performance, parts availability, failure, etc.

2. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I had an stihl fs-80 and it was good the first year I used it. But the next season it just went all to hell. Wouldnt start or run like it used too. Never could get it to run right. One of the main reasons i switched to red max on my third year and no problems yet.

3. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Toro Personal Pace lawnmower, I thought I could get by with it, I only have 7 accounts where we can't get everything with the big WBs. We are talking like 4 back yards and a few terraced areas. What a piece of junk! So underbuilt! crappy drive system, cheap handle, even the bag fell apart. Nothing short of Prolines for me.:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

4. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

We learned that in our first couple of years in bussiness, residential grade stuff doesn't work for light commercial work.

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Yardman Leaf vac, the push kind. What a waste of $$$!
    The leaf Vac option for my Sthil BG85. About as useless as the yardman, just a lot smaller.
    Any fertilizer spreader that's not Commercial, or Lesco. went thru many, even a spyker, before I found a REAL spreader!
    Tow behind 25 gallon sprayer... And years after I bought it and tried to get it to work, I fianlly found a way to use it and the pump quit working!
    Buying used crap cause it's cheaper than buying new, but NOT at all what you really need...
    Buying a 3/4 ton dodge truck and expecting it to haul what the 3/4 ton Ford did... Not even close!
    I'd go on, but I'm starting to look and feel like an idiot!

6. Grass-Masters

Grass-Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco Z-Two - Parts availability.

7. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

one of my issues was the toro personal pace as well. endless cable replacements and a fragile handlebar assembly. Also the handle that opens the chute fell apart a number of times.

8. CSALawnServiceInc

CSALawnServiceInc LawnSite Member

One of the black Lesco float deck walkbehinds. Never again.

9. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Huskqvuarna 350 xp i think with the 18" bar peice of S$!!.

10. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I will second that, I got rid of the one we got quick for another turf tracer.