what ever happend too....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by South Florida Lawns, Jun 28, 2007.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

that one fellow from Australia that had the problems with his new JD 997 ZTR? I forget his name but he switched from a toro diesel to the JD and had over heating problems and poor cut quality.

2. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

He (Tonyr) sold out and got into truckin! The JD saga proved to much for him!

3. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Man that sucks he was a cool guy with a badass mower, I loved seeing all those pics and stuff that he would post.

4. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I remember going to a tradeshow during the time that he was having problems with his Deere. I asked one of the Deere reps if they had had any problems with that particular model and the rep clammed up real quick and wouldn't talk about it. I made up my mind right then and there to never even consider a John Deere product.

5. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

The only problem with the machine is that it was rear discharge. His side dis replacement went great and he loved it, but it was all to late!

6. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

That would happen to ANY manufactor if they had probs with a certain model or feature. And yes they all have had flops one time or another, and they to would not want to take about that either. Not just John Deere.

7. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

TonyR is alive and kicking. Trucking his lil Aussie heart out and making some damn good $$ at it too.

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Nah... it wasn't... nothing to do with rear discharge...

Had they swaped the decks out he would have had very similar issues.

Deere hung him out to dry... the dealer swaped mowers with him after enough complaining.

In any event, Deere had issues with the 997's but never admitted to it.
    They have sense corrected the issue on some 997's I've seen.

I have personally with my own two eyes seen 997 rear discharge mowers running in much more extremely bad working environments with no rear screen clogging issues at all.

Puts a bad taste in your mouth that's hard to wash out.
    I got sick to my stomach for Tonyr the first time I saw what I did.

9. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

Yes Tonys fine he is looking to buy another truck, the trucking business nearly sent him broke to start with but its going a lot better now, i hear he pays $1500 a week in diesal thats a bit more than his John Deere days lol