what exmark deck is best???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by C.T. Lawn Care, Sep 17, 2003.

1. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

i am looking into and exmark and was wondering which deck is best for tall damp grass? i have a lot of accounts that have tall wet grass all the time... my toro does a decent job on it but when i buy an exmark i want to get the best deck for the conditions... thanks

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Ultra-cut, from what I've heard and read.

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

ULTRACUT, With double high lifts or Meg-mo in wet grass.
    John

429-300res.jpg

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

John, so you've used Meg-Mo blades? What's your opinion on them? do they cut as nice as double high lifts?

5. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i've got a tri-vantage and an ultra cut. i really cant tell the difference, but some of my customers say the like the ultra cut better

6. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

Eric, how do the double high lifts work on wet grass?, as far as deck build up goes.

7. John Gamba

from ct

Hay Eric

Roy sent me a new set. They have a very high lift and create a very good vacuum on the trim side. They do take more power and eat some fuel but do chop up the grass and have very little blow out.
    The only problem i can see is the holes on the disk get grass in them an you will get a vibration, they also don't like weeds.

But in wet grass they do very well and with the reduced blow out should do great for leaves.

If you have heavy growth just put on a pair of double high lifts. I can see spring clean up going very well too.

Nice to see your still alive! Here is a pic of the chopped up grass.
    John

817resized.jpg

8. challenger55

challenger55 LawnSite Member

whats the real big difference in the decks and do you have the option of which deck u want or something

9. John Gamba

from ct

The ultracut is DEEPER and better built.
    John

10. jason r.

jason r. LawnSite Senior Member

It depends on the mowchine you buy. The big ones (ie. Turf Tracer , Lazer) have the ultracut and the smaller ones (ie. TTHP, Lazer hp) have the trivantage. The ultracut is .5 inches deeper.