what exmark is this

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CUTABOVElc, May 16, 2009.

1. CUTABOVElc

CUTABOVElc LawnSite Member

anyone know what exmark this is and around what year? the seller says its an 04 but he is not sure. he also said a dealer told him it is a lz25kc604. just trying to do a little research on it befor i buy it.

ex.jpg

2. vmderrick

vmderrick LawnSite Member

I may be mistaken but i think it is the advantage series. It used to be if the controls were under your legs then it would be the advantage series as opposed to if they were up on top of the gas tank. Do not know what year. Is there any serial numbers that should solve the problem

3. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

get the serial number and check on the exmark site like you are looking up parts for it

4. DITCHDIGGIN

DITCHDIGGIN LawnSite Member

I think it's the regular Lazer Z. Advantage series has narrower front tires. The gas tank lid was made larger on '02 & up and also the deck lift assist at the same time. I believe the controls on the Lazer Z were moved to the gas tank in '04.

5. ED'S LAWNCARE

ED'S LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

Looks exactly like mine. Regular z the controls were moved in 04 but I think it was marketed as the 05.

6. Quality Cuts PLS

Quality Cuts PLS LawnSite Member

2003 Lazer Z, 25 Kohler Command, 60" Ultra Cut series 4

7. eXme

eXme LawnSite Member

I wasn't sure of the year but it looks just like my 2001 except mine doesn't have the deck assist.

8. DT Lawn Care

DT Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, I would say that is correct. I wouldn't know about the year, but the engine, deck size and series have to be right.

9. gndhog

gndhog LawnSite Member

Can I get some help, what year is this Exmark please, Model LZ-25KC60, serial number 116318

10. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

Guys...

With Exmarks, from the year 2000-2009...the very first number of the serial number is the year.

For instance.. 345669 - would be a 2003
    695858 - would be a 2006

and for the poster above..116318 - would be a 2001