What gets you sore?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Andyinchville2, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Andyinchville2

Andyinchville2 LawnSite Member

Hi all,
    Just wondering what wears on you the most and what part of your body takes the most abuse and ends up the sorest
    the next day....For me I think its my hands....gets sore primarily from holding the weedeater...I think I tend to give it a death grip when holding it....By the way I often mow by myself so I have to do it all....mow/trim/blow but I think by far the weedeating is the hardest on my body....Is that "normal" or is it just me?

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I'd second the hands, used to be my feet before the Velke.
  3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Mowing, trimming, edging,blowing, mulching, planting, digging, seeding, aerating, weeding, trimming bushes, cleanups, driving the truck, doing bids, talking to potential customers, doing invoices, But it is all worthwhile when the money rolls in like clockwork payup payup payup , it makes it all worthwhile. :cool: :sleeping:
  4. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd have to say my neck, primarily from ducking under trees. That problem should go away after this fall and winter as we trim most of them. My back aches a lot too, but a lot less than it did before I put the suspension seat on my mower.
  5. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

slow payers give me the most pain
  6. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Not wiping good in the morning hurts me worse :p

My hands have been hurting lately. I used to use a John Deer walk behind in the early 90's and my hands would always be sore. The pain would go away in the winter (when not using the mower) and always return in the spring. I really didn't have much pain the past 5 years (since I stopped using pistol grips), but a few months ago my hands started hurting to the point I can hardly squeeze a ketchup bottle. I just figured that the carple tunnel finally caught up to me.
  7. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

Definately hands and wrists. Repetitive motion, constant gripping and vibration has taken it's toll.