What Gives?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Jun 13, 2006.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

2. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

I dunno... didnt spot a scam?
    Did notice that the guy is in the UK.

3. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've seen auctions like this before. It is a scam designed to collect ebay user IDs with malicious intent.

4. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

of course its a scam, most of the pre-approval required ones are.

5. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Wheres is the scam? The starting bid is $160 not the selling price. Who knows what shipping would cost? Maybe they have the same problem with the Triton deck some over here are having. Nice looking unit, wrong deck.

6. Raymond S.

Raymond S. LawnSite Senior Member

The same guy has a BRAND NEW JD757 60" cut buy it now for $3,000. Why doesn't someone on here try it and let us know how it works out...:)

7. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

email and ask where you can pick up the machine and pay for it. they will say they are over seas and shipping is free. then you say pay upon delivery and never hear from them again.

8. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

oh ya, as soon as you contact them they pull he listing off ebay.

9. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

I went ahead and reported the activity the Ebay security and ask them to investigate the "farming" of information of the so called pre-approved bidders. I should get a reply back in 24-48 hours. Having been a victim of identity theft myself, I make this kind of stuff my MISSION !!! :weightlifter:

10. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Whats wrong? Am I missing something obvious? The bidding sky rochets in the last hours and this guy isn't going to let it go for the three digits. Do you mean just because it doesn't say 'reserve not met yet'?