What gives

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

ok i was using shindy oil and the echo's ran great and were somewhat quiet, i switched to tanaka perfect mix and the run like crap loud and shack like a tweaker going though withdraw. what gives

2. fergman

fergman LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

i ran opti-2 and everybody says it was great. i had LOADS of carbon and it took NO TIME to build up in every piece of equipment i have. i switched back to oregon only one 2 cycle and its fine again. i have added sea foam to every can of gas i mix and everything is fine again.

3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

best bet is to stick with what manufacturer suggests. Most of the small equipment I use is Echo and I used to use oil other than Echo's only to find out my exhaust was getting clogged and plugs were getting fouled. I went back with Echo's oil and haven't had any problems since.

4. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i was using echos at first but it was always hard to start switched to shindy oil and prob went away

5. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I tried to switch to the opti stuff...it did seem to load up the exhaust with carbon quickly. I went back to Shidaiwa One and it seems to be alot better. Alot of my buddies use Echo's oil and like it too.

6. sedge

sedge LawnSite Fanatic

We use Wal-mart 2-stroke and have not had 1 problem. It's cheap and works great, we also use their synthetic oil in all of our mowers, trucks, every thing. Just goes to show you, it doesn't pay, to pay more. Been using it for over three years now!

7. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Sedge, how much do you think you save per bottle or case using Walmart...may be worth the switch...payup

8. sedge

sedge LawnSite Fanatic

I am not sure to 100% honest, but we buy it by the gallon jug and I have always noticed that every time i checked prices any place by the gallon, it was a lot cheaper. Also, the local super wally is right next to my house practically, so it is really handy. We haven't had 1 single engine problem since we started using it, so I don't think it pays to be using a more expensive brand. My local toro dealer keeps laughing at me that we use it, but I see him working on blown 2 strokers not using wally's stuff, so go figure???

9. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

I wonder who really makes the Echo Oil. Echo does not drill or produce oil, so they must buy it and slap their label on it. Just like Ford Motocraft, they do not refine oil. Harley Davidson is another, and Craftsman, and on down the line. Just curious.:dizzy:

10. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

What brands of 2 cycle equipment do you use?

I use only Stihl or echo and have had no probs.