What "Good deeds" have you done?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by TuffTurfLawnCare, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Bashby

Bashby LawnSite Senior Member

:usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag:

2. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

I like this one
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

We have a winner!! Makes me proud to read stuff like this. Thanks bro.:usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag:

4. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

It is and was a priviledge. This fourth July mowing some VVets yards and bed cleanup. The welder I mentioned is a VVet and has somethings lined up.

5. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

While mowing, I like to take stock of items that may/will need attention and leave them a message.

More than a few times over the years, and this happened this last Friday...I'll encounter a customer's open garage door with no car(s) around. Called her at work to find out she was in a rush to leave for an early AM Chiro appt and somehow managed not to close it. So I hit the button and made the dash to step over the trip-beam. She was appreciative since her location leaves her home vulnerable to someone helping themselves - or worse yet, B&E.

6. C & T Landscaping

C & T Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I have nothing to top most of these, but I do stop along the road if I see a disabled vehicle w/ someone in it. I'll offer whatever assistance I can and/or help provide blocking from the other crazy dangerous drivers. My lightbar seems to get more attention than their 4 ways.

7. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

You more than likely have saved a life, seems like I read were disabled cars are hit and people die. :clapping:

8. C & T Landscaping

C & T Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't go that far ahah, it amazes me how many people don't want to move over a couple feet, anytime I see someone on the side of the road, I get over a full lane if possible. I know how it feels to have big rigs pass you within 5 feet going 70+mph...no thats a pucker factor of at least 8.0. Luckily VA law has people move over for not only flashing red/blue but also amber now.

9. kemco

kemco LawnSite Senior Member

I've done a few good deeds, just seems they never go unpunished. LOL

10. Tn2317

Tn2317 LawnSite Member

Did you not have access to your pistol? Were innocent people behind your target? Were you not confident enough in your ability? You should have taken him out. When he does that again, it may be around an innocent young child who has no choice but to be a victim. If you are able to carry, it's your responsibility to take care of those who are unable to protect themselves.