1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What "Good deeds" have you done?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by TuffTurfLawnCare, Jun 20, 2013.

1. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

Once I was at a bar and a guy was having a beer. His wife called and he had to run home. He didn't even take a sip. I bought it from him for 1/2 price. Does this count?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Tanum

Tanum LawnSite Member

I arrived late to a meeting several years back soaked to the skin. They guy asked why the hell I was 15 minutes late. I explained I had pulled over to change a tyre for a couple and the guy who was a best man for a wedding, he was wearing a tux and would have gotten destroyed in the rain. They sat in the warmth of my truck while i changed the wheel. As it happened the church was close to where I leave all my tyres to be repaired so I dropped it over after "the meeting". The tyre was ripped on the side so as a good deed I paid for a new one. I didn't get the job from the meeting but I got loads of jobs from the Best man, he runs a facilities company and is now one of my biggest customers. What goes around comes around, some people say they have no luck. You have to make your own.
  3. Penncare

Penncare LawnSite Member

We provide free complete lawn care for individuals on our local hospice program. We average about five lawns we provide free care for during peak season and we provide our premium weekly service, not our basic bi-weekly service. This year we also installed and maintained two summer and one fall garden at two nursing homes all at no cost.
  4. 94gt331

94gt331 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yesterday coming home on vacation I found a $20 at the airport, couldn't make myself keep it, so I gave it to the bag checker. Who know's where it ended up.
  5. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

Well said.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. themadcutter

themadcutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from florida

When it comes to matters of charity the left hand should not know what the right hand is doing.
  7. Tanum

Tanum LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device
  8. stick9

stick9 LawnSite Senior Member

I love this thread!! What a great thing to find after not logging in for a few years. I've been out of the business for a while now -- moved on to pursue other interests. I started a website called Our-effort.org which is basically what this thread is about!! Thanks for posting this!!

Let's change the world, friends!!

9. Tanum

Tanum LawnSite Member

I did another today. Sometimes I take a shortcut through an older neighbourhood and there is a garden where an old lady lives. I thought for a long time it was derelict but yesterday I saw the old lady trying to do her garden. She reminded me of my mom and I couldn't believe her neighbours wouldn't do her garden. Today she has a new lawn, fresh winter flowers and a friend is painting the front of her house. When she asked why? The only answer I could say was "lady you were once my age and in the blink of an eye I hope to be yours" its a small garden so we can slot it into the schedule.
    I always felt I have been very lucky in life maybe it's time to spread it around a bit.
  10. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

That's amazing and made my day! Bless you, SIR!!

(Though I still don't feel the least bit sorry for my "New Delhi" customer I just fired for being a game-player...HAHA!)