1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What guy put "Free Mowing" on his trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JML, Feb 2, 2000.

1. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

Hello all, I remember in a post awhile ago someone had put &quot;Free Mowing&quot; on his trailer.<br>I say another landscaper in my area with that also. I couldn't find the post. I was just wondering what you said when customers called about free mowing.. thanks
  2. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

Joe, I must confess, I'm your man. I have a sign on my trailer that says &quot; Ask about our free mowing&quot; When people ask me I say we don't do free mowing, we just like for people to ask about it, and then smile. You'd be surprised how many people then ask for real if you'd give them a quote or stop by and see them. It works for me. Thanks, Lynn
  3. What he had on his trailer was &quot;ask me about free mowing&quot;. When someone asked, he replied that he just liked it when people asked about free mowing.
  4. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

ok thanks, i was just wondering how your countereed it when a customer asked about it. Its a good idea.. thanks again