1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What Hand tools do you use?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by ProMaintenance, Apr 29, 2011.

1. ProMaintenance

ProMaintenance LawnSite Member

It seems this week I broke every tool I have that has a wooden handle. I try to buy metal handled tools when I can find them but the area i live in i am some what limited to the selection at the big box stores. I haven't found anyone local who carries quality tools. What brand of tools do you like and or have a worthwhile warranty.

2. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

maybe they were old? I go with tools from lesco, lowes, home depot. they seem to work just for my needs. I just bought to flat shovels for spreading dirt 29.98 after tax, and they are fiberglass and have a 25 yr warranty. that sounds pretty reasonable to me. I think they might be true temper shovels.

3. I buy quality stuff and that isn't found at home depot. Quality stuff will cost, but will last longer and get the job done quicker. I use silky hand saws, felco snips and loppers, $85 shovels, etc. There are other good brands as well.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. dgw

dgw LawnSite Bronze Member
    from OH

home depot has rigid brand shovels and rakes which are good and have a lifetime warranty

felco for the pruners

5. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

A.M. Leonard and King of Spades.

You'll pay, but they'll last.