1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what happened ferromec ac and trimec??????

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Absolute Curb Appeal, May 21, 2005.

1. Absolute Curb Appeal

Absolute Curb Appeal LawnSite Member

5 days ago I treated a few lawns (KBG) with Ferromec ac (6.5 oz/1000) and Trimec 992 (1.5 oz/1000). This is the first time I have used the Iron and what a disappointment!! Instead of the lawns turning green they whiteish gray color. Did I somehow burn them?? Thankfully I only experimented with a few customers. Needless to say they aren't to happy. Will the grass eventually become out of it?
  2. turfmann

turfmann LawnSite Platinum Member
    from PRM

I have had some bad experiences with iron falling out of certain mixes, Dimension comes to mind.

Jar test, like the label says.

Chin up, mistakes make the man, you know.
  3. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

read your ferromec label. It seems to me iron and some herbies don't mix?
  4. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

Howdy, that iron stuff is finicky, watch the air temps when applyin,and or cut the rate when mixin with other materals or temps above 80 degrees or if relative humidity is high. :)
  5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Hopefully that won't be your "Waterloo" :waving:

Everything eventually grows back. The jar test and lable are your friends. I wouldn't spray them together but iron seperately is alright when conditions are right. Experiment on your home lawn before ever going out and experimenting on others. Hard lesson but hopefully you will survive.
  6. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

Iron and weed control are fine mixed, they don't do well sitting together in a tank for a long period. Ferromec AC is amine compatible and the rates were not off lable for northern grasses. What gallonage rate did you apply it with? Good calibration on your sprayer? this is a 15% N product, did you add any other N to your mix(urea, amonium sulfate?) How hot was it? Above 85? you burned it, but those two products together at those rates applied properly was not the reason why. Flush it to keep the damage from increasing and give us so more details about the spray.
  7. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

Also, remember that iron is no substitute for nitrogen on hungry lawns. Just my expereince, using coron, ferromec, lawn plex, and other forms of N. On a welll fed lawn, iron makes it pop, on a poor lawn, doesn't really do much

8. Absolute Curb Appeal

Absolute Curb Appeal LawnSite Member

sprayer calibration is accurate. 1.5 gal per 1000, temp was 55, .4# of N 1000 of urea and the ferromec and trimec. there was a little dimension left in the tank from the previous mix.
  9. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

you were not out of range on any of those conditions. Did it get watered in? Did it get hot before it got watered in? No double applicating any of the areas, right? There had been nothing else in your tank, other than the dimension, right?