What happened to Bladerunner?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2manymowers, May 15, 2004.

1. 2manymowers

2manymowers LawnSite Member

It's rainy here this morning, so I have nothing else to do but search Lawnsite for information.(and it's a great source of information) There are several posts from a year or 2 back about the Bladerunner, but the Bladerunner rep has apparently been banned and a web search turns up nothing for a manufactuers website. Are they gone, as in out of business?

2. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

No they are not gone they have however been bought out by another company and are being revamped or streamlined as they say. I got to play on one of there cummins powered units Awesome bu t expensive. The dealer that I know has not been stocking any of them because he is waiting for the newer version to come in. I do not have any pics of the new ones and the factory has moved and I have not been to it to see the new version.

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Who Bought them??

4. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Bladerunner came to this site a few years ago. They decided to sign up as sponsors of the site. However, they never paid for their advertising and basically vanished. We contacted them several times and the last word we received was that there were partners involved, they were stealing from oneanother, they were going to declare bankruptcy, and sue one another. Sounded like a soap opera to me.

After we gave up contacting them, one of their creators and/or owners tried to jump on LawnSite pretending to be a landscaper trying to drum up interest in the machine asking questions, claiming it was a wonderful machine, etc... after we realized who it was, we confronted them and they drifted away again.

So, as far as I know right now, they are not in business, but I guess I could be wrong if people are still out there buying machines. I also did hear someone was going to buy them out but couldn't because of the mess they created with investors/partners.

Guess we'll know someday.

5. 2manymowers

2manymowers LawnSite Member

I had never heard of them before reading a bunch of old posts yesterday, and in the photos they look like a copy of the Dixie Chopper design. Thanks much for the information.

6. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

A good example of why you should think carefully before spending any major $$$ with some of the new equipment companies popping up from time to time.

What is a bladerunner, anyway?

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, they were the guys with the reverse rotation (left hand discharge) mower blades. What an idea!

8. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

Hey schweiss is left hand cut and it works well.

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

good soap opera story

10. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

"As the Blade turns"..................................................