1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What happened to my $300,000 mowers for sale thread?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by desii, Sep 19, 2007.

1. desii

desii LawnSite Member

I had a thread on here yesterday regarding a very high priced auction on
    eBay that I found. The seller was "brickmanseller" and they had some 46 mowers for sale for a beginning price of $300,000.

I found it to be quite interesting and thought it would generate some conversation, which it did.

Today, I found it's been removed.

Did I do something wrong? If so, I didn't mean too. Is it because I put it in the for sale section? Or that I was not the seller of the equipment? Or did Brickman Company say something, like it wasn't their equipment? Or because I was promoting another site?

Again, I didn't mean to post illegally and would just like to know which rule I broke so I won't do it again.

2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

couldn't find them on ebay.
  3. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Some guy from Brickman posted a deal about mowers being stolen the other day. Was it a bunch of exmark mowers? Either brickman or vc i think.
  4. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

we felt that it was best to not have that posted on the site...since it wasn't your equipment and we don't know what the deal is with that listing on ebay we figured it should be removed from the site

Thanks - have a good one :)
  5. desii

desii LawnSite Member

Not a problem...I just wanted to make sure I didn't break any rules or offend anyone. Thanks for the explanation.
  6. desii

desii LawnSite Member

I'm not going to use a link here again, but you can type in mower for the search and then use "highest first" and they (of course, at that price) will be at the top of the list.;)
  7. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

No one is going to pay 300k for all of those mowers. How stupid can you be to think someone is going to pay that much for that many mowers. It might cost you another 50k to 100k for delivery and then you have to deal with maintenance and storage! How dumb can they really be?