What Happened to Spring?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tim Baden, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Tim Baden

Tim Baden LawnSite Member

They are calling for scattered snow flurries tomorrow afternoon.HELLO!!
    What's up with that,then cold and rain this weekend?Talking about frost thursday night.

2. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Hmmmmmm....Didn't you get the news? You must have missed summer, it is now fall and winter will be starting up very soon.
    Snow in the forcast for us too. Proud to be a Minnesotan.:blob2:

3. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Losing my mind here as well gents.

It was springlike during the Winter and very wintery in March, then summerlike in early April now its winterlike in Spring? That sentence was a weird as the weather.

But on the bright side, the sun was out today...

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Its nuts here too. 88 degrees last week and then we had 4 inches of snow Sunday. Everything grew in 1 week and I was doing cuts as well as dethatch and cleans. Some people cancelled dethatches because I couldn't get there and ther lawns are 4 inches long. Not to mention that I started 2 weeks late because of cold and rain.
    Funny thing is that I am doing better than any other year as far as the $$ go. I'm about ready to just start mowing again, the add ons are good money but I'm runnin everywhere.

5. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Same $$ happiness here ED, as weird as the weather is the mowing has begun, about a week earlier than usual. Today I cut with winter knit hat and ski gloves until about 11AM when it warmed up to a balmy 40 degrees, but the wind is wicked. Discharge into the wind and your "greenified".

Looking good ahead, rain on the weekend (Only a lawn guy would wish for a rainy weekend) and a warming trend for next week.

6. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Its not only in MN, but in MA too. Litterally last saturday it was 95 degrees! This is an official temp from the nearest air force base! TOday, there were snow flurries! Saturday was 95, the next day was down to like 50, then back up a little, now about 40 with a few flurries. And as I type, the news weatherman says possibility of snow this weekend, cripes.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Tim, They had snow today in Mt. Pleasant, too!

8. Tim Baden

Tim Baden LawnSite Member

Makes ya kind of wonder what summer is going to be like.I saw something on tv saying mite be cooler than average.