What happened to the good gas cans?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CJ GreenScapes, Aug 26, 2004.

1. CJ GreenScapes

CJ GreenScapes LawnSite Member
    from AL

I have a beef with the current state of the gas can market. The only cans I can find now are the Blitz Ventless - and they suck! I mean the most simple piece of equipment I have is my gas can - and it is also the most frustrating.

Does anyone know where I can get a "good" gas can? I have checked every hardware and superstore in a 20 mile radius, but they all cary Blitz - who absolutely OWNS the market here. All I want is for my gas to flow freely from a simple little container to my tank. How hard can that be?

Thank you. I feel better now.

2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I cant stand the new cans either. My 10 year old plastic cans are getting pretty beat up. I got very lucky earlier in the year when one of my suppliers found a few of the old style vented cans in the back of there warehouse. I bought 4 of them! I have bought the new ones and they wind up sitting in my shop as they are useless.

3. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I know what you mean... The same deal around here.. They are pricey, but at my local O'rielly Auto parts stores they have the old Metal "jerry" cans... For @$26 apiece though....

4. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Yup. I agree 100%. And the 'old' style bungee cord with the metal clips on the ends can't be found anymore either. The new ones with the plastic ends won't fit through the steel mesh my trailer very easily.

I guess the plaintiff's attorneys have been hard at work.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

5. Mark Lawncare

Mark Lawncare LawnSite Member

Sad but true. To find a good plastic can you have to go to yardsales or the dump.

6. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

How about the metal "safety" cans with the funnel that connects to the opening?

7. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

oh yeah, blitz suck.

8. CJ GreenScapes

CJ GreenScapes LawnSite Member
    from AL

Thanks DFW, you just reminded me of something else I am pissed about - those **** plastic tipped bungees! :angry:

9. A.J.'s Lawn Service

A.J.'s Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Around here they have the no spill cans which i like a lot

10. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Getteth thyself to Tractor Supply Company, I do believe they have all of the "old style" Bungee's you could want.. At least locally they do.