1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What happened?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by deereman, Mar 5, 2006.

1. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

I cant think of the mowers name off hand , but does anybody remember a mower that you almost laid down on your back and steered with your feet? I used to see them advertised but I dont think that Ive seen them in at least a couple of years. Just curious if they are out of business. Or if anybody even remembers these type of mowers.
  2. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I hear they mowed slopes really really fast.

Luge mowers....LOL
  3. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

There is a guy around in my area that uses a mower like you are describing. It has two sets of tires in the rear and he basically lays down in it. He specializes in mowing retention ponds, that is the only places that I ever see him.
  4. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

I think that they were yellow? That seems what they were. Does he steer with is feet then , meaning it has peddles.
  5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I think that was a Hustler or something. Hey PJ, you out there?
  6. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Jungle Jim or Trimmer Trap made it. ,maybe a hard sell??
  7. Pumper

Pumper LawnSite Member

It was Jungle Jim. They called it the Spitfire. I don't think they ever built very many. I haven't heard anything about it lately. It was made up the road in Louisville, KY.
  8. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't know if this is the one, but I thought I remembered a oversized ZTR mower that always displayed at Expo in Louisville back in the early 90's. If I recall it was red and white and had a oversized fiberglass body over a large deck. I just can't recall the name. Dyn__?
  9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I tink I remember the word "recliner" being used. If you do a search and use the word recliner, it will probably turn up.
  10. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

They are no longer in business.