1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What have you built or rebuilt to mow with

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mow"N"Bud, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Mow"N"Bud

Mow"N"Bud LawnSite Member

The reason I ask is a guy I know locally has fabricated a 72" deck onto an old walk-behind frame and put a twin cylinder diesel engine he bought new off the Internet onto it. He installed bigger pumps and wheel motors, and the blades are shaft driven. They guy is quite the fabricator, and it even looks sharp as he painted the whole thing in a dark ever green color. The kicker is is runs really well, cuts really well, and I have seen him cut grass/weeds waist high, and the diesel never bogged. The ultimate is, it out runs with out load and with load any ZTR who is willing to try their speed against this machine.

He may have a viable machine, and I will try to get a picture. This thing is a monster, and to top it off he swears he only has $4000.00 in the machine. As Arsineo Hall said -- The things that make you go HMMMMMM! I hope the mower manufacturers are reading this. Imagine a machine that goes really fast, doesn't get bogged in tall wet grass, and sips fuel for a reasonable price.
  2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I hope you get a sulky for it.
  3. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

Would love to see a pic of that, I can see where it could work for the right conditions
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Some of us are building specialized mowers but it's not likely that I'll show you a pic or even describe it. Ha.