What have you found buried in the lawn so far?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Up North, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

I've ran over the ussual, cans etc. But as far as critters there was a freashly dead bird next to the main road one day, it's at a crappy apartment complex, so I just ran over it, feathers went everywhere. The other time with a critter I was bagging the yard. Saw a mouse, so I thought my super z would pick it up and I'd just dump it with the clippings in the woods. Well it took like four times but it finally picked it up.

2. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Welcome to Lawnsite Mountaingoat. Looks like you've already got plenty of experience in chopping up lost goods in the lawn... :D

As for pricing...varies by area, even from town to town. Good luck!

Buck

3. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

Well my Z-Trak found a rusty old steel rabbit trap today and it clagged around in there for a bit.

4. William J. L.

William J. L. LawnSite Member

One day I saw some paper money, but by the time that it registered in my brain I ran over it. When I stop to look at the shreads I noticed it was a $50 bill...very well shreaded.
    Another time I bent over for a second to adjust something and a brand new un opened pack of cigarettes fell out of my pocket and was sucked under the mower....in less than two seconds...they were mulch.

5. CutNLawns

CutNLawns LawnSite Member

Just this weekend i was clearing some camp ground property for my father in law. The Railroad has been working there for more than a year replacing a overpass so there was a few sections of rail left behind which was easy to see. The grass was waist high so we did a pretty good walk through before starting. Since I was out of town I borrowed my Dads new Laser and got it knocked down on the highest deck height. I went back and lowered it to 3" for a final pass and uncovered several of the 1" dia x 8" long solid steel rail anchors strung out all over the property. I was able to see most of them except for the two i did smack.

So where is the best place to get a set of Gator blades for a 48 Exmark Laser??? :dizzy:

6. steve122

steve122 LawnSite Member

Most yards are too small to make a bushhog practical. Add in fenced back yards and trees and shrubs and it just wouldn't work. I have a 7ft bushhog mower and tractor but it is too slow to drive and too heavy to haul on utility trailer, use it around home. I have a brother who has smaller tractor and 5ft mower who will do the large jobs for me, where one would be practical. He charges me what he wants for job and I add on some and pass it on. Works out well, have had a couple that were so big had to go to another brother who has a 15ft batwing and have him do them for me (he gets $125/hour for the mower and tractor) but 15ft batwing can mow some territory.

7. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

A door, but I stopped before I hit it. :)

8. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

My Snapper ZTR found a 3' section of 3/8" thick re-bar today...wrapped it around two blades & spindles before it shut me down. :realmad:

Had it unwrapped in 15 minutes or so and other then taking the edge off my blades I got by unscathed...whew.

Buck

9. Mountaingoat

Mountaingoat LawnSite Member

Welcome to Lawnsite Mountaingoat. Looks like you've already got plenty of experience in chopping up lost goods in the lawn...

As for pricing...varies by area, even from town to town. Good luck!

Buck

Thank you for the welcome UPNORTH :waving:

10. RKISTNER1

RKISTNER1 LawnSite Member

Neighbour Larry goes on vacation 2 weeks. Told him" don't worry I'll cut your lawn" How high Larry? "3 inches rich" 5min into cutting wacked off frikkin sprinkler head!