1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What have you hit?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnmaniac883, Aug 28, 2005.

1. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Yesterday while cutting a multi acre property I hit a L shaped piece of rebar :realmad: . Put a big ass ding in my blade, charged customer 20 bucks to cover new blade. So lets hear it, what have you all hit while mowing?
  2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Hit lots of things like that. Metal, wood, concrete....... Soooooo did they pay the $20 for the nick in the blade?
  3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Over the last 21 years: pop cans, beer bottles, snakes, frogs, water meter covers, rebar, survey markers, toys, tennis balls , one golf ball that somehow lifted into the deck, C02 canisters for BB guns, dog bones, pantyhose, women's panties, baby rabbits, a dead groundhog , and a lot of other insignificant things :D

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Little baby bunnies are the worst. I mowed over a nest a couple of weeks ago. A bunny went right into the blades and its body made clunking noises as it went through. Before I was done, a bird had started picking up the bunny chunks.
  5. waffletown20

waffletown20 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Doormat was my worst. It got sucked right into the blades, didn't discharge though. That would've been hilarious.
  6. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

I somehow took a chunk of concrete out of a driveway on friday and bent a new gator blade to a 45 degree angle. ;) I still don't know how i managed this one!!!!!!!
  7. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Blue tarps are right up there on my list
  8. jtrice11

jtrice11 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't always agree with blaming the customer for something I hit. I try and check the property first if I know its a land mine.
  9. blair smock

blair smock LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

Bunny, and two snakes, same property- :(
  10. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Have hit lots of stuff over the years. Most expensive was when one of my guys hit a concrete boundry marker years ago and exploded 3 gear boxes on a Walker deck. CHA CHING! :(