What Have You Learned Here?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thelawnguy, Apr 19, 2000.

1. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Ah, another lunch break idea. What is the single most important piece of information you have gained from perusing these forums at LawnSite (sorry I still think of it as Hall of Forums) I know that there most likely are many things everyone has picked up, but if there is one thing that stands out among the rest what is/was it?<p>Myself, I found that I was underpricing some services I provide, so this spring I jacked prices up across the board, some by as much as 200%, and you know what? I havent lost a single customer. So, for me, what others charge is the number one thing I have gathered from here.<p>There are many other things which were helpful, but to prevent a novel lets limit it to the most important.<p>Bill

2. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with pricing Bill. The maintenance and equipment threads are equal in importance to my operation. Two months of daily tutelage from peers on this forum have allowed me to mentally evolve from infancy to post puberty-(theoretically of course):) <p>All the information combined has given me alot more confidence in my approach to customers and suppliers.

3. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

For me it has also been pricing. Making sure that I was in line with other companies.

4. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

LET'S SEE,WHAT HAVEN'T I LEARNED?I'VE PICKED UP A GREAT DEAL OF KNOWLEDGE ABOUT EQUIP. WHAT TO BUY AND OR STAY AWAY FROM.I HADN'T EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT A PESTICIDE LICENSE UNTIL COMING TO THIS FORUM,THANKS GUYS!OH YEH,I LERNT HOW 2 SPEL REEL GOOD 2!!!<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING

5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I've learned that some of the guys on here are pushy. One member here pushed me into creating a website. Thanks Chuck Smith.<p>The equipment discussions have been helpful to me. I learned a much easier way to sharpen blades with the RBG grinder,I learned about the Classen Aerator and purchased one. This is an endless database of information. <p>I also learned that out of the 777 members, only 42 have listed what they have in the Who, What, Where, forum. Come on guys, we all know you have to have at least a push mower in this business. :)<p>Don:<br>I AINT LERNT HOW 2 SPEL REEL GOOD YET, BUT MY GRAMER SHORE GOT MORE BETTER!!<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<p>

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Pricing is a very valueable comparison tool but I really enjoy and get the most out of reading all the new posts - whatever they may be - and being able to learn a little from each of you. It is a good feeling if I can contribute something back. I look foreward to coming here every day. Good Luck.

7. Jason

Jason LawnSite Senior Member

I have learned alot here. Check it out everynight.<br>The thing I've learned the most has to be pricing too. I was always worried i would be to high but actually was low. Not any more.<br>another thing that i'm going to try next blade shapening is the 2 blade system.<br>Thanks for all the Great Advice.<p>----------<br>JASON MRAKAVA<br>JASON'S LAWN SERVICE

8. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

Australia is about 5 years behind the States,<br>trend wise. So this site is like a crystal<br>ball,showing me what will happen with this<br>industry over here.<p>Karl<br>