What have you lost??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ramcat, Apr 27, 2010.

1. ramcat

ramcat LawnSite Member

Im just wondering what are some things lawn care business operators lose......just this year we mysteriously misplaced a dethatcher for the front of our tractor and an Echo 210 trimmer (almost brand new). We looked and looked for both and can't seem to come up with either.....i could list several other things we have lost over the years too (tool box off of the back of the truck, and some accounts.....those hurt the worst :cry:).

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

....my mind

3. rwar

rwar LawnSite Member

Lost my worktunes last week,set them on the bumper to put the trimmer in the rack,lady I was mowing for came out with the check,we talked a while and I totally forgot about them when I left

4. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

Oh I have left some things behind, (ear muffs, glasses, sprayer, etc) and once while going down the highway I lost a plastic toolbox with some loppers in it, maybe gas cans, and some other junk.

5. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Only thing I lost that really ticks me off is my old utility knife. My new one just isn't the same...

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

*&%^ cable remote control!
    It ain't funny, I can't even switch channels from the chair.

Gone.
    Got lucky we had a spare 'universal' pos sitting around, can't get it to turn power
    but at least it switches channels (and favorites too!).
    The rest I can handle with the TV's remote :p

Ten tine pitch forks, two!
    They cost 50-89 each!
    One did turn back up.

Hand held sprayers omg, several!
    Got so tired of this all I use now are BP sprayers lol
    Although I ALMOST managed to leave that in a yard today :dizzy:

THE KEYS!!!!
    Omg omg this REALLY sucks!
    You can't go NOWHERE and I don't care how bad the grass needs cutting.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I lost a good mulch fork, TOO!

8. blakerugg

blakerugg LawnSite Senior Member

just a pitchfork. i lock everything up good and it all stays in the locked barn at night. luckily stuff doesnt usually walk away while im on the job(knock on wood), i work in a very good area.

9. Cboy7

Cboy7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Fl

Lost a seadoo jetski. took it in for repairs may 4, 2001

I called 3 times they said its not done yet , then new owners took over and then new location , and well,... I never seen it again.

10. Jhill19

Jhill19 LawnSite Senior Member
    from WV

lost my iPhone for a good 20 mins the other day mowing, came out of my holster. Took me forever to find it. Couple pairs of safety glasses and muffs, gas can, rakes, mower keys, and a pair of needle nose pliers