What have you runover?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GrassMaster84, Jul 9, 2002.

1. GrassMaster84

GrassMaster84 LawnSite Member

I say the thread earlier about "hate to move things before you mow" but what if you can't see them?

I have runover: hoses, chains, barbed wire, haystring, tools, silverware, a 2x4, golf balls, tennis balls, baseballs, beer cans, and a bunch of others stuff im sure.....
  2. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

7" of water, tomb stones, 16,000 dead bodies:) i mow a large cemetary if you didn't notice!
  3. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

fawns (3 to date)
  4. nuthinlikeadame

nuthinlikeadame LawnSite Member

Had a worker once who ran over a dead rat with a 21'' mower. The smell was so bad he threw up right there on the clients lawn. Once I found out why he tossed his cookies I laughed my azz off for half an hour.
  5. Brieldo

Brieldo LawnSite Member

Bullsnakes, mice, garden hose, bricks, rocks, wire, plastic bags that kindly wrap themselves around the spindles...grrr...cloth products that stop the blades in their tracks...
  6. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

A nest of bunnies.... I didn't realize what a softy I was until bunnies started flying out of my mower.... Just about brought a grown man to tears....
  7. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

:cry:Yeah, I HATE running over bunnies...and turtles too! :cry:
  8. Shultz

Shultz LawnSite Member

anti-scalp wheel...ouch

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Once drove my Toro 44in wb three feet up a guide wire while admiring my work across the creek. Blades were still running.

10. Lawn Wizard

Lawn Wizard LawnSite Member

Ran over a bunny nest yesterday :( all three of em ran like heck and all survived, but I did get one with my rear tire...........little guy was screamin but I think it was mostly just shock. Went back today and checked on em and they all seemed fine :)