1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What hedger should I get???

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by LouisianaLawnboy, Mar 22, 2009.

1. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

OK, I mainly do lawncare, but every now and then I'll do some landscaping. What type of hedger do you guys reccomend. I'm definetely not in a position to buy new, but could proly find a used one.

Please post a link to one you would reccomend. Thanks so much.

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

What's a Hedger?

I know of edgers, and I know of Hedge trimmers.

3. LouisianaLawnboy

My ignorence in this specific area shows. :D

So what kind of HEDGE TRIMMER should I get??? To get back to the original question.

4. LouisianaLawnboy

I see in your sig, that you completed the Masters Gardner Program. Is it worth it??? I was thinking of doing it.

5. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Some disagree, but I love any commercial grade extended reach hedge trimmer. I'm loyal to stihl.

1.) You don't need to bend over to reach shorter shrubs.

2.) You don't need a ladder to reach taller shrubs.

3.) The blades are farther away from you, so there is less of a likely hood that the blades can come in contact with your body.

4.) I use the Stihl articulating hedge trimmer attachment on the end of my trimmer. It's a little long, but I can also use it as a scythe style trimmer to knock brush down.

http://www.stihlusa.com/hedgetrimmers/extendedhedgetrimmer.html

The MG course here was awesome. This was a recent thread on it.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=266499

6. LouisianaLawnboy

I've got a LCO friend who has that ext hedge trimmer. I don't have any Stihl equipment, so I don't have a trimmer for the attachment to fit. I'm willing to try Stihl, just another kind.

BTW thanks for the heads up on the MG.