1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What height are you cutting St.Augustine

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by williams lcm, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Winni- I'm sorry but were going to have to ask you to refrain from posting in the FL forum unless it's snowbird season. Summer is our break from the Canadians. :usflag:

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Thank You Patriot

Unfortunately Canadian's don't have a clue how hated they are in Florida or how much spit they eat in our Restaurants. Still they come droves and act like they own Florida and think they are doing us a favor.

They come to Florida with a Clean Shirt and $ 5.00 bill and don't change either. A more arrogant group I have never seen.

3. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

You're right, it doesn't.

Don't know where I read it... or if someone told me but, I remember something about the farms having the same fungus problems in the field.

4. Gem Tang

Gem Tang LawnSite Member

4.5 to 5.5

5. Winnipeg Lawns

Winnipeg Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Well I can think of a more arrogant group...In fact, they are known world wide for their arrogance. And I wonder how many latinos spit in your food, LOL.

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Por favor, No problema

7. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Tip properly and there is not a issue with the old gringo!! Be stingy like some from other countries and you will be happy if spit is the only thing served with your dinner.

8. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Ric, I lived in SWFL which is where I believe your at, and I've never heard of any issues with Canadians getting spit in their food. I spun pizzas and was a line cook for a few years.

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Unknown

You weren't on the service end where tips were your living. It is bad enough to put up with PITA customers, But at $ 2.25 Tipping wage it really get you mad. Get 10 Tables a night with 6 Canadians each and you are worn out without making squat.

I have never been a waiter but my investment clubs has several venues that has professional servicing staff. Part of the Business model is to promote local clientele. Besides year round customers it helps us keep professional servicing staff.

10. Winnipeg Lawns

Winnipeg Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Listen Ric, illegals are supposed to be mowing lawns, don't reach above your lot in this life. Mow lawns, keep your mouth shut.