what helps you get pumped up in the mornings for mowing?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by South Florida Lawns, Jul 18, 2005.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

What do some of you do to get rolling in the mornings? Especially Monday morning. How do you get into your rhythm?

2. Matts Mowing

Matts Mowing LawnSite Member

I just look at it as another day towards the end of the season when I can relax a little, do a little skiing.

3. HK45Mark23

HK45Mark23 LawnSite Member

Try to think about going to the bank. Remember what it was like when you were making some one else all the money and you were just the hourly employee. Now it is your name on the bank account. If that does not do it, close your doors.

4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

The fact that monday, tuesday, wed, thur, fri, sat and sunday are no different from march to oct. and then then then ( cant wait) november we mow 2x and dec- feb 1x. That is what motivates me. Steelhead fishing and snow sports.

5. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

Good question... I'm interested in what others have to say about this. As for me, I could use some inspiration, because I am tired of cutting grass! It's probably my last year in the business.

6. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

For me the thought of earning that green cash is plenty, that and the smell of 2 stroke exhaust every day, I just love that smell for some reason. if that dont motivate me, something is SERIOUSLY wrong that day. I just cant get enough of working outdoors all day, its just fun.

7. lawnjockey75

lawnjockey75 LawnSite Member

Get up extra early, sounds crazy, I know, listen to your favorite CD or music, and always keep telling yourself, the faster I get started, the faster I get done. I always have said you make the most money mowing in the first two hours of the day. Get a good start, then you're ahead all day. If you start off slow, the day seems to drag on forever, and this is the wrong time of year for that.

8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Reading Lawnsite..... HELLO!?!?!?

9. sunturf

sunturf LawnSite Member

usually a 5 mile run or go to the gym works for me :blob3:

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Money!! And lots of it payup

John