What home values do you target?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GVLandscaping, Mar 10, 2007.

1. GVLandscaping

GVLandscaping LawnSite Member

I was wondering if there is a certain amout or house value that you target with your flyers, doorhangers, etc. If so is their better odds with a higher priced home such as a $200k+ vs homes in the $130's.:confused: Any help appreciated.

2. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

200+ for me... not sure why... guess I just figure it's a good target. I suppose when I see a 200+ home, I figure...
    1.) Possible two income home to make ends meet with maybe a little leftover for a lawn service. (me)
    2.) Possible one income home where as the husband makes decent money so his wife can stay home with the kids. And in order for him to pay the nut at the end of every month, he has to work his @ss off during the week and WON'T wanna mess with the yard on the weekend.

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

60k government subsidized!!!:laugh: Just kidding. I try for the high end. But will take lower

4. GVLandscaping

GVLandscaping LawnSite Member

Lol! I know section 8 will pay for housing didnt know they would also pay my salary.:)

5. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Same with me, I work stricktly out of the ghetto lol. Generally I look for 200 K plus but im sure half of my area is 500K ++ valued houses.

Cheers
    Jeff

6. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

as long as they pay i target all of them (except section 8,LOL)

7. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

sometimes the cheaper uglier ones are teh better paying and easier work, target them all as long as you get paid. in my area alot of people are buy old ugly and dumping alot of money into fixing them up, even if its over a few years

8. amtrucker22

amtrucker22 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I am an equal opportunity mower

9. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

When I was working construction I found the people with the big bucks dr lawyer etc usually were a little slow on paying Then the ladies working in housekeeping/food service and such wouldnt let you start until they had all your money in hand ready to go

10. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

Our main customers own house in the million range. With some a few million. The market out here is ridiculous though a starter home here is 350k!