1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What I hate about homeowners with mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eddie B, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I hate homeowners who make lawn mowing a huge process when it doesn't have to be! They casually push their little 21" mower across their half acre lot, then pull out the little electric trimmer, and they spend AT LEAST 2 hours doing all this! I see this all the time, with my old neighborhood and the one i'm in now. They need to either buy a larger mower, or hire ME! The guy next door had just whipped out the electric trimmer after an hour and a half of mowing, and I went out and mowed our lot, mowed AND trimmed, and he was still farting around with his little electric toy. I HATE THIS!

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Some people actually enjoy spending their day pushing their 21s and using electric trimmers. It's stress relief for them.

3. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

Or how about that guy who weedwacks his whole yard with the electric whipper.

4. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

i agree it makes me mad as well to see all the neighbors out doing this but like mo green said its stress relief for them ... after spending all week in an office and being yelled and bitched at by everyone one under the sun i think i might even enjoy spending 1.5 hours of pushing a mower around once a week...... LOL i could agree more it frustrates me and gives me humor to watch them sweat it up .... i can mow, edge, and trim our yard all in the time it takes the neightbor to trim.... life is too good..... LOL

5. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I must cut too much grass to see it as stress relief. LOL

6. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

The home owners who say they enjoy lawn work are just out and out liars. Truth is, they don't want our bill and that's the ONLY reason they're out sweating on their lawns with over priced home owner sprays from Lowe's and Home Depot.

If they were to win free lawn service for a month from a drawing at work, or something like that, I guarantee there's not a red blooded american alive who wouldn't accept it.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

7. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Yor guarantee is wrong. I have tried and tried to get my grandfather to let me take over his lawn maintenance free of cost and he wont let me because he takes too much prid in doing it himself. He loves being outside working in the yard.

8. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

thats true and dont forget the honey due list ,thats why there outside all day so they dont have to listen about the list. sorry honey ,i have to cut the lawn, you know it takes me all day ha ha ha

9. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

If anything this helps us! I had a guy approach me last year just after he moved into this huge house on at least 3/4 of an acre yard. after about 3 weeks, he finally gave it up. He saw me doing his neighbor's lawn and finished by the time he was just getting done with the front of his yard. Landed the rest of the season from him. He's getting a rider he says this year. I'll still be done long before he is, LOL LOL LOL. payup

10. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

Some guys really enjoy cutting their grass,,,,its their way of geting away from a naging wife or (girlfrien) who has a honey do list a mile long!Sometimes I cut mine 3 or 4 times before I quit.. :) :) :)