What I hate about landscaping.....

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Avery, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

My biggest pet peeve is to have a dead line and showing up on the job to find fifteen other subs. there working! :angry:

Here are a few pics from one we started today. Everytime I got off the tractor for a sec. I would come back to find it blocked in by another sub.

campic141.jpg

2. Avery

The job HAS to be done by this Sat. Renters are coming in. We do lots of work for this builder so one way or another I gotta have it done.

campic140.jpg

3. Avery

While we were doing the final grading outside the pool and some planting inside the power co. was there running the power line and the gas co. was there putting in a underground tank and gas line. What a cluster!

campic150.jpg

4. Avery

Besides all the traffic on the job it was in the upper 30's and blowing. Supposed to have snow/freezing rain in the a.m. while we are installing the sod and finishing up the irrigation.

campic142.jpg

5. newleaflandscape

newleaflandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Thats why I refuse to start work until all the other contrators are finished, except for the phone hook up. If the other contractors arent done yet chances are they are just going to tear your work up anyways. I got very frustrated one year because that seemed to always be happening. Thats why I tell them straight up I wont come near it until the other contractors are out.

6. Avery

Wish I could do that....this builder give me over 100 homes a year so I try to do whatever he asks. This one is gonna be tight though.

7. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

No this an easy one, just tell builder you had it completed looked great when you left;) Had to be the other contractors that messed it up but for a few $$ extra you can have it REDONE in time:D

Mac

8. Avery

:laugh: That part is not a problem. He pays us to fix stuff others tear up on nearly every job. Most of his come down to the wire. This is the worst yet though. Everyone is behind, thus putting us behind. All of these houses are weekly rental at the beach. At an average of 5k/week the owners get a little upset if the house is not done on time. I will post some pics. tomorrow to show what (if any) progress we make.

9. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I just can't believe that folks spend that much on RENT ... hope you get it done in time, Avery.

10. Avery

I can't either CSRA Landscaping! I did one last year that rents for 15K/month. 99% of the jobs I do are for absentee owners that use the house for rentals. Most of the people that come to the Outer Banks rent a house instead staying in a Hotel. These houses have between 6 and 10 bedrooms so I guess several families split the rent.

Do any of you have pics. of jobs you have done or are doing? I like to see pics. of other peoples work.