What I have been working on!!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Total.Lawn.Care, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

Here is a current project for additional service to my Lawn Care Business. What do you guys think?

TLC 015a.JPG

TLC 016a.JPG

TLC 017a.JPG

TLC 018a.JPG

2. Total.Lawn.Care

And here are some pictues of my Lawn Care Rig!!! Truck is dirty, but I finally got some pics...

TLC 046a.JPG

TLC 042a.JPG

TLC 051a.jpg

3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Is there any way you can roll off the preasure washer? Thinking about getting into areas where it would be difficult to get the trailer to.

4. Total.Lawn.Care

Just have ALOT of hose. I currently have 200 ft and will up that to 400-500 ft over the next month or two.

5. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

how much did that set-up cost you? if ya dont mind me asking.

6. Total.Lawn.Care

I have been putting this together in pieces because brand new, the unit that I wanted was $11,000. The actual pressure washer that I have here is not as big (or expensive) as the one that I wanted on that $11,000 rig, but it will do for now. As to what I have in it, lets see.

Used Hot Water Pressure Washer
    (4 GPM, 4000psi, up tp 200 deg F) $1900
    Extra Hose and Surface Cleaner $850
    Trailer $1025
    Tanks (525 gal and 50 gal) $453
    Hose Reels (Currently being Shipped) $350
    Misc Hardware and Straps, etc. $400

So, I have about $5K in it. The hose reels should be her early next week to go on it. The second hose reel is for the chemical applicator system (what the small tank is for, and it has a 12V DC water pump running it). I have already paid for the 300' of hose that is to go on it.

So, for less than half the price of a new $11,000-$13,000 unit, I have a great pressure washing set-up, and it has Hot Water so that I can get the oil stains and such at commercial accounts.

7. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

how do you charge for P/W ? is there a set price to go by? i was looking into getting a washer, under $1K.

8. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like a good set-up to me! Like the lawn and 'washing rig!

9. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I'm doing something similar, but I'm mounting my Hotssy to a golf cart with the hose reel.

the hose reel has over 500' of 1.5" fire hose. I am going to divide the big reel into 3 sections, fire hose, garden hose and pressure hose. behind the hose reel they are working on a mounts for my hotssy hot water pressure washer.

Its gonna be my Crash Cart of sorts....

100_0067.jpg

10. Total.Lawn.Care

Raven, I would almost bet that if you spend less than $1K, you will not get a pressure washer with enough power and durability to handle this in the commercial business. Just like our commercial mowers, the are built with faster blade tip speeds, more horsepower and larger, more durable frames and decks to that they can handle the abuse we throw at them.

Pressure washing is not any different. You need good, high pressue (I recommend over 3000psi) and good gallons per minute (GMP, and I recommend no less than 3.5 GPM). You can get a commercial unit from Home Depot for $999. It is a Dewalt, but it is not like the ones you will buy from a pressure cleaning dealer. Plus, we know all about the "Lack of Service Issue" and the Big Box Stores.

If you do not want Hot Water, you can get a good, Belt Drive Unit for around $1500. But, think about the professionalism (or lack of) when you drag it out of the back of your truck and hook up your water hose to the customers water spicket. Additionally, unless you have a tank set-up, you always need a water supply on the job. This way, I can pressure clean anywhere because I take my water with me.

PM me if you have questions about the pressure washing.