What I saw today......amazed

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by tthomass, Oct 10, 2007.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Soooooo, I stop at the weigh station like a good little boy but they go by, ticks me off. Anyway, sitting at the light I look over and oh well hello there! I assume they aren't not aware of the tire but my phone was dead so I couldn't call the county boys to pull them over. I assume the tire lost its tread while going down the road. The trailer has about 8 steers* in it. Thats sad, I grew up on a beef cattle farm and don't remember how to spell that.......oh well.

The shiny part is the metal bands. Hope they made it!

2. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

That tire's good for a few upstate ny winters. Put 4 of them babies on and go get some plow accounts, now we're in business. Thats how you keep costs down. LOL!
  3. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Don't ya love it when commercial guys get picked on like crazy and people like that get away scot free.

Oh ya thats not a retread either a new tire will peal a tread too.
  4. THEoneandonlyLawnRanger

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger LawnSite Senior Member

Its always good to keep a camera in your truck for times like those!
  5. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

6. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

here in tn that's farm use and doesn't require ANY gov't regulations. Doesn't even have to have commercial tags, brakes or brake lights for that matter. as long as it is farm use, anything goes.
  7. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

yeah if hes got farm tags he could run on the steel cords alone and still be fine
  8. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

WoW!! is that my father in-law...just kidding, however he did haul 40 yearlings to market (2 or 3 trips) to town with the ball loose on his truck (the hole was wallerd out and the stem on the ball was bent) no safety chains, no trailer brakes, no lights, no kidding. If that was me, the damn would have come off careening into a bus load of kids....gaurenteed!
  9. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :laugh:
  10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Oh that little bit of dirt on the hubcap ain't never hurt nobody.

The worst is when that rubber comes off and goes flying across the highway, one reason to keep a good distance from the big rigs.