what i saw today, UNBELIEVABLE!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Mar 28, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i pull up to do an estimate, a referel from a long time customer. the neighbor has a lawnservice there working(on a sunday). this is what i saw: a van, with an out of state license plate.about 50 bags of debris lining the curb from the cleanup. two mexicans, get this....one has a 5 gal bucket full of lime, he is spreading it by throwing it around with his hands. another guy has a 5 gal bucket of dimension(i watched him pour it, from the bag to the bucket) he is following the lime guy, he's doing the same thing, spreading it by hand. the wind is blowing the lime right at me and my customer, and i make a comment, "that is the stupidest thing i ever saw, are you nuts?" and they all just stand there looking at me. pathetic, really stupid. my client tells me his neighbor has had these guys for years
  2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

LMAO, a little bit here, a little bit there. OOOOPPPPPPPPS I think he missed a spot. Bobby you can bet that when you land that account the neighbors won't be far behind..
  3. Cleatus

Cleatus LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

so how did their lawn look?
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that is the million dollar question...how did their lawn look?
  5. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i agree, how did there lawn look, you should look into there company and see if they are licensed etc
  6. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

i think you should mind your own business and not worry about what the jones' are doing.
  7. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Ditto that charlies.
  8. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

so....how did the lawn look?
  9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

the lawns here havn't really started growing yet, so it's hard to tell. i swear i was so tempted to take down the plate number and call the dep, but i'm not sure i want to be that way. i'll own half that neighborhood by the time sept comes
  10. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with charles. Mind YOUR OWN Business!!

Bobby, you will have this neighborhood soon as long as these people are not tight wad, price shoppers. I'm sure the taco eaters are lowballin like crazy.