1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What I saw.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by logan, May 4, 2005.

1. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I saw an older man on a Cub Cadet ZTR yesterday. I think that they sell those at the Home Depot. Looks like they are catching on to what works.
  2. scagboy227

scagboy227 LawnSite Member

Wow i see older people on mowers like that all the time it is not real uncommon.
  3. a a green

a a green LawnSite Member

yeah the older folks around here use them too. but they would never withstand the abuse that an LCO would put on a mower. the plastic would fall right off...
  4. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Yup.... While at Sears yesterday a sales rep was trying to convince a home owner into getting a Sears ZTR... I did a double take and couldn't believe Sears made one.
  5. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

yep, sears makes on too. it looks like a reeeeeaal cheapo.
  6. Pumper

Pumper LawnSite Member

The Craftsman zero turn is made for them by Husqvarna in their plant in North Carolina. This is like the stuff they sell at Home Depot. This is not their commercial stuff that is made in Nebraska.
  7. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think these compaines are the problem, I don't see Rigid trying to dump sewer cleaning machines down homeowners throats as I have seen lawn equipment do....I got a ad in the mail for Hustler equiment, cheap easy to use, homeowners cut your yard time in half etc....Cub as well, flyer last week showing all crap they have, call your local dealer//no payment until 2006.....homeowner gets stuck with something they don't need......they just want!! :)
  8. op4_camper

op4_camper LawnSite Member

but the Jones next door have one.