what i seen today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeff_0, Aug 7, 2003.

1. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

i've now seen a person that has a old station wagon. like from the 70's that's carring a 61 in hustler. one from like early 80's.. boy is everyone getting into lawn maintenance.. but today also a guy stopped me while i was at the gas station and was like you really have got the equipment to get a job done. he ask a lot of questions on overseeding.. i answered all his questions and he wanted a card.. having nice looking equipment makes a difference in customers eyes.
  2. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Those gas station customers will get old after a while.
  3. lahanko

lahanko LawnSite Member
    from NY

I would bet the guy with the station wagon owns the equipment with no payments. Just thinking out loud...
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

the guy with the station wagon is probably the one that asked you for a card
  5. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

he (probably) got your card so he could call you and ask more questions (on how he can do it himself).:(

6. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I can't even envision how you would get a 61" hustler in a station wagon. The man asking you all of the question on seeding may call you but I tend to agree with the others that he just wanted free advice to do the work himself.

7. jaredslawncare

jaredslawncare LawnSite Member

Scrub City:blob2:
  8. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Why is he a scrub just from what he drives. No one knows what he charges or how good a job he actually does.
  9. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

an 80s hustler 61 inch deck . i assume it was a ztr. not a wb. and he had it in a 70s station wagon..uh huh. that be something to see alrite.;)
  10. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Just to add, The other day I saw this little hyundai pulling a trailer with a john deere tractor on it with rakes and shovels sticking up all over the place. Nice Rig. LOL