What I want Exmark to build me.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TLS, Oct 16, 2003.

1. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Looking to eventually replace my SCAG 48" Belt drive WB. Nothing really wrong with it, but would love to go with a Hydro and more HP.

But I want a 44" fixed deck (more on that below).

* Want to go with a Hydro.

* Want to go with a 44" deck.

* Want to increase hp/inch ratio, so I need at least a 17hp engine (if not bigger).

* Want a FIXED deck. (I rarely change cut height)

* Want key electric start.

* Want hour meter.

* Want independent choke/ throttle controls.

* Want electric PTO clutch.

* Pistol grip or ECS, doesn't really matter, as I have no problems with pistol grips.

So.....I guess I want them to build me a 44" Viking Hydro with a 17+hp engine, electric start.

They already make the 44" deck, and using a 32" or 36" Viking drive section shouldn't be that hard.

Reason I want a 44" is that I have quite a few 48" wide gates, that really make it tough to squeak in a 48" machine.

What do you guys think about this?

2. WESLEY BROWN

WESLEY BROWN LawnSite Member

Will I do not know much about anything, but I looked at a gravely like that with only a 15hp engine and I did not pay attention to the throttle. Show Em Up there slacking guys. http://www.gravely.com/PProH/ :)

3. ensor

ensor LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I concur, look at Gravely. I think they have one close to your requirements.

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Not really that close is it?

#988113 Hydro Drive, Recoil Start, 15 HP Kawasaki Twin Engine, 44" Fixed Deck $4,299

Bad points....

Only 15hp

Recoil Start

Its a Gravely :eek:

I'd also like it to weigh in under 550 lbs.

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Tom
    I think late 04 or early 05 You will have your mower.
    John

6. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto what John said.i hear new things are coming out next year that there keeping on the DL

7. ensor

ensor LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

TLS,

Yes, the Gravely does not meet all of your criteria, but I would challenge that being a Gravely is a negative. Their new walkbehinds are very nice in terms of quality and performance.

8. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I have both the 15 and 17 HP Kawi's on two turf tracers. I can't tell the difference in horsepower and I cut some pretty wet thick grass with them.

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

TLS wrote:

Its a Gravely

Hey we agree on something! I complained about the weight back when they gave me 2 prototypes to test. My complaints fell on deaf ears.

10. ensor

ensor LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Lazer 46,

I'm glad to hear that the 15 and 17 hp kawis perform similarly. I have the 15 on a 48" deck and have wondered if a 17 would perfrom differently. I have not been disapointed in the 15, just wondered.