What I woke up to this morning.... again...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LwnmwrMan22, Apr 29, 2008.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Well, we don't need to worry about crabgrass that already germinated, if any.

This morning when I headed out the door at 4:30, it was 22 degrees out, I live about 30 miles north of St. Paul, MN.

It's 9 am and about 20 minutes ago it crossed 32 degrees.

I had to come back home and put the PG Magnum in the garage. It wasn't supposed to get that cold last night, so I left it in the enclosed trailer.

This morning the nozzles were froze, so I've got the heat cranked up to 80 in the garage. Hopefully by 10 am I can get back to cleanups before we lose Thurs-Sun to rain / snow mix.

Nothing like highs in the upper 30's-lower 40's and the lows below freezing to get that grass fired up.

2. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

Your lucky you didnt get the snow we got here. We still have snow on the ground from the other day. Mainly just on the north sides of buildings, and along the blvd's. It MIGHT be gone today, so hopefully tomarrow I can get in a full day of dethatching and clean ups, because like you said -- rain on thursday:hammerhead:

3. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Home for lunch and working the neighbor. It is sunny but about 35 here. No snow but the ground temp is cold and the grass is damp. Somethings have to go but this weather is holding me up and I am watching dollar signs click by!

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know how you put up with it Jeremy. :clapping:

5. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

That is terrible. Suppose to be in the 30s in the South tonight. Well below average. Back and forth we go.:cry:

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

frost warnings for us tonight Charles...you getting rain finally?

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Low around 40 here in East Carolina.

8. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

ya, we get a drenching about every 2 weeks. Better than the nothing we got last year at this time. Frost stinks. No frost for us the weather guesser said

9. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Man, I sure am glad I don't live that far north !!

10. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

WOW! 4:30 out the door!?!?!? Now thats early.

What time do you get up and why are you out the door that early. Im up at 5-5:30 to go lift weights THAN go to work....