What if Lawn care was a sport?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimLewis, Aug 3, 2004.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Imagine getting free stuff from sponsors? That'd kick butt!

Announcer #1;
    And here comes Lewis around the turn riding his 200 h.p. Lazer Z that eXmark donated to him last season.... Chuck, is that a dent in his read spoiler just above the huge NEXTEL decal?

Announcer #2;
    "Why, I believe it is, Bill. Probably caused by a rock that flew up when he was using the Fuel Injected Shindaiwa T680 earlier.....Bill, I gotta tell you. These custom mowing uniforms are getting nicer every week. That 100% silk Nike muscle shirt and that white MagnaMatic viser sure look comfortable!"

Announer #1;
    "Well, with their constant trips to places like the Las Vegas 100 Acre Challenge, The Palm Springs Stihl Cup, and the Aspen 10 Mile Mowing, Edging, and Blowing triathlon, these guys gotta stay looking sharp!"

Announcer #2;
    "Sorry to interrupt Bill -- but watch this! Just look at how efficient the pit crew is! Lewis pulls in with the Z, and in just seconds, the 12 man pit crew has changed his blade, cleaned his deck, put the mower back onto the trailer, loaded him up with the new Echo PB98000 Mega Blower, started it for him, and pushed him back onto the driveway.....and look at that!!! A new record!!! He blew off that entire 8,000 square foot driveway in 2.4 seconds!!!.... He beat the old record by 5 seconds!!!"

Announcer #1;
    "Chuck. It's times like this you just hope that BobbyGedd's family isn't watching......."

2. Northwest

Northwest LawnSite Member

Hey Jim, getting a little delirious I think you might need some sleep.

3. 42homers

42homers LawnSite Member

Well..........you do know Jim that the Chopper would dominate that sport.

But ya, the freebys would be great.

4. William Camp

William Camp LawnSite Member

I am waiting to see the scag 500 on tv.

5. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

ROTFLOL!! I love it, I think I'd go with a Blown and injected Mower myself....

6. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

I dont know about you guys but most of my customers are single women or if there married I always seem to deal with just the wifey. We could have a co-contest Miss Milf USA.

7. Forest

Forest LawnSite Member

ROFL:blob3: Absolutly hilarious...I'd pay big money to see it. Wouldn't that be the life. Keep it up:D

8. CJ GreenScapes

CJ GreenScapes LawnSite Member
    from AL

That was hilarious Jim, but you forgot to thank your sponsors... "Yeah Bill, that Stihl, Echo, Shindaiwa, Redmax, Amsoil, Gopher, Exmark Z was running good today. A little tight around the beds, but the Green Crew adjusted some pressure and the deck pitch, and that's all it took. I would have finished alot sooner if I wouldn't have tried to draft behind that damn Walker though".

9. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

too funny mate, very imaginitive!

10. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

A HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I thought I was the only one who thought of this idea. If they did have a mower sport, I would be in it.

My question would it be solo, two man crew or 3 man crew. Whats it you ideas on this?