What If Mower Won't Start

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kalyeah, Mar 16, 2004.

1. kalyeah

kalyeah LawnSite Member

JUST HAVE A QUESTION I'VE BEEN WONDERING ABOUT. WHAT IF SOMETHING HAPPENED WHILE YOU'RE OUT, YOUR MOWER DIES AND YOU CAN'T GET IT STARTED. HOW DO YOU GET IT BACK ON THE TRAILER? I HAVE A 60" HYDRO AND DON'T THINK I COULD GET IT PUSHED UP ON THE TRAILER BY MYSELF IF IT DIED FOR WHATEVER REASON. THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED. I'M JUST CURIOUS IF MOST OF YOU HAVE A WENCH OR WHAT YOU WOULD DO. HOPE I'M NEVER IN THAT SITUATION.

2. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

Please do us a favor and destroy your CAPS on your board my ears are ringgingg.

That happened to me I was able to use my 60 hydro to push the ztr or you can call someone that's in the same field.to help ya.

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have a winch from a boat trailer on the front of my open trailer, works just fine for me

4. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

we use our other mowers to push the machine up onto the trailer if you dont have another machine then use a come-a-long.

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Unhitch trailer. Chock trailer wheels. Run rope over trailer and fasten to mower and other end to truck. Drive foward.

6. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

It would be nice if I had a wench to load the truck in case of breakdown, but we can't always rely on them.
    Crawdad

7. kalyeah

kalyeah LawnSite Member

ALL GOOD IDEAS GUYS. THANKS FOR THE ADVICE. LIKE I SAID, HOPE I NEVER HAVE TO USE THEM BUT BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY.

8. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I own 3 mowers with hydro's. All of them have a cutoff valve. When you close the cutoff valve it will make the mower very easy to push. I still would hate to push a ZTR up any type of hill.

9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Like Lawnzzz said, please don't post using only capital letters. Its hard on the eyes. Thanks

10. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

I've found a winch to be most reliable.. but a wench on the other hand.. well.. ;-)