What if there's no Lesco near you?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by eruuska, Mar 7, 2005.

1. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

I'm one step closer to my 3b certification in Indiana, so I'll be needing a source for fertilizers and pesticides, but the nearest Lesco is like 90 miles away. What other good sources are there? Would an agricultural supplier be able to take care of me?

Or what?

2. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

An ag dealer may be a good choice, it depends on how much you need. If you purchase in bulk, ie. 4 tons or more, your location won't be a big deal as most vendors will ship to direct at a good price. If you need a small quantity, try Home Depot if there is one close by, they also sell Lesco, but at homeowner prices.

3. Turf Smart

Turf Smart LawnSite Member

Be careful of "ag-grade" fertilizers. They are not going to give you the same results as a turf-grade product. There are many different types of slow release and sources of phosphorous & potassium used for fert. The ag-grade products are the worst you can buy.
    As for other supply options, most will ship to you at no charge if it meets their minimum. Try ordering enough for more than one round to meet the minimum and get an account set up to have extended payment terms.
    Another option would be to see if the lesco guy will meet you half way.
    If they want your business they will find a way to get you the product!

4. Rtom45

Rtom45 LawnSite Senior Member

When you have some idea of what brand of fertilizer you want to use, see if they have a web site. Almost every manufacturer will have a store locater feature on their site.

5. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA