1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What if you performed your services this poorly

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by 6'7 330, Nov 18, 2005.

1. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

While picking up mail in our P.O.box, I discovered four customer payments were in plastic bags. The postal service had ripped part of the letters, and all four checks were damaged. So damaged, there was no possibility a bank would run them though.If we all give shity lawn and landscape service we are fired! If the post office gives us poor service, we do not have the luxury of being able to fire them!

Each letter was in a little plastic bag, which had an apology from the postal service saying:

Dear postal customer

Please accept my sincere apology on behalf of the postal service for the damage of the enclosed documents.

We are aware of how important your mail is to you we regret any inconvenience this mishandling has caused you.

The postal service handles over 202 billion pieces of mail bla bla bla ….you get the jest of it.

Anybody ever get your mail back damaged in a plastic bag!
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

many of times. My dad retired from the postal service after 28 years.

It basically gets ripped apart in the machines. That is why you have to be careful when you mail fliers or other stuff that sticks out or can be caught on the machine.
  3. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

And to think that in January the rates are going to increase.
  4. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

yep. i dont complain though, cause they usually carry automatic weapons.
  5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Customers can not fire a company's employees, only the owner OR someone in a higher position AND with the authority to do so can hire or fire.

For this same reason, we as customers of the Postal Service can not fire anyone working there.
  6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

another thing about the Post Office, it is basically run by their unions..not joking.
  7. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

yea there carry auto's but there there so slow. you could be on the phone with the cops okay he pulling out the gun, he's loading it,okay he's loading it the right way, okay he's cocking it, lets face if they go postal like they work the post office would be empty buy the time he started shooting lol:sleeping:

thats why postal workers dont use bombs you have to be on time with bombs
  8. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

You got to give the post office alittle credit. We get out mail almost everyday except holidays. Rarly damaged, fast delivery if its in the same city(2-3days somtimes sooner), all for 37 cents. Ya I don't like going to the post office and dealing with the people ussualy some are ok. We all F- up now and then, but ya it sucks they damaged checks. At least your bank didn't.
  9. Scotts' Yard Care

Scotts' Yard Care LawnSite Senior Member

We've had a few things go missing or damaged over the years but all in all
    they do a good job for reasonable money. Our local post office people are sure pleasant and easy to work with too. My customers cut me a little slack while we were learning to use our new ztr and I was still in the tuning/learning phase of operating it:D
  10. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

They do such a poor job here; I will not put out a letter to be mailed in my mailbox. Many times, when amazon.com ships a package by USPS for Teresa, it comes up lost.Never happens with UPS.